Monday, March 19, 2012

Dance Competition Season is Finally Here

All the costumes are bought or made. Most are rhynestoned and sequined. My makeup kit is packed. My "To Bring" list is printed, and my costumes hang neatly in a bag on the back of my door. I am ready... and yet, *breaths*  I'm not.

9 days until I am on stage for the first time this season. 9 days until complete chaos insues. 9 days until I am running around franticly making sure everyone is wearing what they should be and is where they need to be. 9 days. *breaths* 9 days to get it right, to make it perfect, and to get mentally and physically prepared.

This is my nineth year going to dance competitions. But this time it's different. I am putting pressure on my self this year. I want to do well. This has always been sometjing that i have done for fun, simply because I love it. This year I want to do well. This is my second last year competing, because in two years I will be going to university, and won't be able to compete anymore. That is why I want to do well.

I always tell people that I dance. This year I want to be able to tell them how good I am. I want to be able to tell them we won an overall, or a special award. I want a trophy. I want something that I can look back on and be so incredibly proud of.

These are my goals for this year:
 Not freeze on stage during my solo.
Not forget my dances.
Not fall out of my turns.
Not get comments from the judges to point my toes.
Show good emotions and facial expressions.
Win something for any of my dances.
Keep all the younger kids organized, so my dance teacher doesn't have to.
Smile. Be happy. Have fun. Make memories.


Days til first competition: 9

Colour of nail polish. Green (for st patty's day) with one silver on each hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment