Monday, July 18, 2011

Universal Perfection

What does it mean to be perfect?

"Make (something) completely free from faults or defects." This is the definition I got when I looked up this question. To be completely free from faults or defects? This is clearly impossible as everyone sees everything differently. However, in the eyes of one person, something or someone can, in fact, be considered perfect.

Most people can agree on a majority of the factors that go into being perfect. But, there are certain things that are very individual. For example some people feel that being tall is a factor in being perfect, I however do not agree with this. I much prefer someone who is close to my own height, someone who I dont have to tilt my neck to look at. I mean sure I like tall people because they make me feel small and delicate, but they also can sometimes make me uncomfortable as I am not used to being shorter that people. I grew up being one of the tallest in my class, and so I am more used to people who are shorter than me.

There are so many different shapes and sizes and colours that people come in. There are different ethnicities, hair colours, heights, weights, builds, and personalities that make up people. So since every person is so different, how can you expect that everyone will be attracted to the same thing? Perfection does exist, it's just not something that is universal.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! How can you say there is a perfect? What's perfect in the eyes of one person may not be pefect in the eyes of another!

    Do you think though that people really see things with no faults? Like for example if someone fell in love, do you think they really think the person they fell in love with is flawless?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they are truly in love they see the faults but the faults make the person love their partener even more.

    ReplyDelete